Saturday, April 20, 2013

Krung Thai, No other Pad Thai!

I chose this as my first post since as of now, this is where we found the best Pad Thai in Metro Manila!

We often wander in the streets of marikina to search for a place to dine, study or just to kill time. It is true when they say that the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. YES, Krung thai is in the most unlikely place since it's beside a wet market, BUT it's truly great.



It's one of my favorite restaurant because of their Pad thai so I will now tell you why. Their noodles are cooked perfectly, because most noodles get soggy and losses it's firmness which never happens in my 1 1/2 year of visiting krung thai. Their sauce is so balanced that the flavors fight for their position, it's like sweet at first, then salty followed by sourness and the cycle goes on. It feels like a war in your mouth. It's the kind of war that makes you wonder and then you'll find yourself addicted. YES, I AM ADDICTED! 




It's good for 2-3 people already. If I remember it correctly it's around 160 pesos and they changed their way of serving it, as of now they will give you the condiments like sugar, nuts and sprouts so that you can modify it according to your taste.


This is Krung thai at night, they have beautiful colorful lamps, they also sell it and it depends on the size. I will buy one for my room soon! :P


We also ordered tom yum soup, well I am not fond of tom yum since it feels like I'm eating sinigang with a twist. haha. but James loved it. he described it as fresh and feels like a new flavor for him. It's just that it's too sour for my palette as you can taste the fresh tomato. 


I can say that Khrung thai has a shell, it might not look beautiful on the outside but it's interior, glasses, utensils etc. is sossy. HAHA


ONE OF MY FAVORITE!! This bagoong rice with the fresh mango on the side is match made in HEAVEN! it's just a combination that you'll definitely love and their bagoong rice is not too salty, just perfect blend of sweetness and saltiness with a touch of spice. The adobo on the side is not that superb but I guess it's just a plus for the delicious bagoong rice. 


And *drum roll* THEIR BEST SELLER krung thai chicken! It's flavor is rich. not just an ordinary chicken joy! IT's WAAAAY BETTER! it's crispy since the batter is just thin. It doesn't need any sauce since it taste like the marinade was absorbed pefectly up to the core. But I think there's better chicken out there! 


Krung Thai
V. Gomez St., San Roque, Marikina City , San Roque 


No comments:

Post a Comment